Vision of IUM
The ultimate aim of IUM is to set a new horizon for Islamic higher education to serve the people of the Maldives and the Ummah. The University intends to transform into a centre of higher education excellence by upholding the Article 10 of the Constitution of the Republic of Maldives which states that;
- The religion of the state of the Maldives is Islam. Islam shall be the basis of all the laws of the Maldives.
- No law contrary to any tenet of Islam shall be enacted in the Maldives.
Accordingly, the Vision of IUM is as follows:
Mission of IUM
The mission statement defines the overall purpose of the University. The fundamental purpose of the existence of IUM is enshrined in the Islamic University of Maldives Act, ratified by HE President Abdulla Yamin Abdul Gayoom on 9th of July 2015.
IUM is mandated to achieve the following objectives through the aforementioned Act.
- Protect and preserve the Islamic civilization, culture and education in all spheres of development in the Republic of Maldives within overall perspective of religious harmony and national unity.
- Produce skillful and knowledgeable, mature, responsible graduates who uphold unity of religion.
- Create a pool of talents necessary for national developments within the realm of the Islamic worldview.
- Develop and excel in key result areas of Islamic sciences and other branches in knowledge.
- Meet the needs of the nation and the Ummah for competent, innovative and well-rounded graduates having balanced personality.
Accordingly, the Mission of IUM is:
The key elements of this mission are;
- Producing highly qualified career oriented graduates with balanced personality
- Excellence in teaching, research and innovation
- Fostering research and innovation,
- Nurturing Islamic values and integration of knowledge,
- Service to the community,
- Instilling commitment to life-long learning,
- Internationalization, and
- Dissemination of beneficial knowledge.