Center for Post Graduate Studies aims at preparing the appropriate ground for quality postgraduate research – oriented academic programs at the Islamic University of Maldives. As such, the center for Postgraduate Studies has overall responsibility for facilitating and assisting University students who are aiming to pursue their higher and further degrees at postgraduate level. The center also is responsible of maintaining the postgraduate students` records which will lead them to a research qualification. The center will also organize intellectual seminars, forums, events other activities enhancing them to build their intellectual capacity. The center will involve with professional development of researchers, students and staff.
Ibrahim Zakariyya Moosa
Message from the Dean
On behalf of the staff of CPS and on my own behalf I extend my heartfelt congratulations and best wishes to the Chancellor, the entire academic and administrative staff of the university. And also may I humbly welcome all the postgraduate students who have selected this university to pursue and broaden their knowledge and education.
The Centre for Postgraduate Studies at IUM:
- Based on Islamic values with a curriculum formulated its entire postgraduate academic programs in accordance with the Maldives National Qualifications Framework.
- Strives to achieve international qualities in providing education and training.
- Aims at awarding high level degrees and producing highly qualified and productive grandaunts skillfully engaged in the developments of the Nation.
- Will give individual attention to each and every student who enrolls into any academic program supervised by the center while providing guidance in order to achieve high goals of this world and hereafter.
We at IUM invite all our beloved students to
- Seek knowledge and get practical training and experience
- Enhance their self-development in a student friendly environment
- Acquire practical experience and educational skills required for their future
Dr. Ibrahim Zakariyya Moosa
Center for Postgraduate Studies
Producing highly qualified professionals who can be able to participate actively in national and international productive fields and creating an innovative and creative intellectual environment and developing culture of research and learning among students and academic staff.
- Developing the center to be the most significant academic center among the educational institutes of the country.
- Promoting the culture of research and innovative desires among postgraduate students.
- Introducing postgraduate programs useful for the nation and Islamic Ummah.
- Stimulating the academic and research activities among various academic and educational institutes.
- Disseminating knowledge among the members of Maldivian society in order to create a highly knowledgeable society.
The Centre of Postgraduate Studies will carry out its mission by
- Creating an intellectual environment
- Maintaining the international quality of education while conducting postgraduate programs
- Encouraging various kulliyahs and centers of the university to introduce new postgraduate programs
- Educating a productive and useful generation of youth who will be able to serve their country and Islamic Ummah at large.
- Exchanging and sharing educational and intellectual views and thoughts among stake holders.